41 hard-hitting mentalism routines for mentalists performing close up, parlour and on stage taken directly from Ken Dyne’s professional working act.
"I’ve been working on this book for literally 3 years. It contains pretty much every complete routine that I have created and performed since my very first mentalism release back in 2005. A lot can happen in 9 years, especially when your clients keep expecting you to turn up each year with a new show.
Inside Bairn you will find material I’ve used at corporate events, at public shows in theatres, castles and restaurants, and for the first time I’m opening up the floodgates to all of my informal, social close–up pieces too."
- Step Up. Volunteers step forward when they sense you are holding their unseen drawings in this routine that I co-created with Banachek (name drop!)
- Theo and Cassidy Walk In To A Bar In Ostin. The surprise finale to Cassidy’s classic Name/Place routine that I’ve been using in parlour for 4 years now that most performers thing I must have pre-showed. I didn’t And here is the full skinny.
- “Mr Golden Balls” My presentation and surprise killer ending for Kureutsuke-type bag and balls effects.
- Accidental Magic Square. The surprise ending for a magic square that is exciting, unexpected and logical.
- Fussy Eater. An opener I’ve used and loved that also gives a great rational to giving restricted choices using a sandwich and a soft drink.
- The One Short Way To Play Fair. My favourite close-up card effect.
- Bookend. A whole act in three parts that delivers a surprise punch that knocks the audience dead at the end of your show.
41+ effects suitable for stand up, close up and a bunch of stories and subtleties from my career so far over the past 12+ years performing mentalism professionally around the world under all kinds of conditions.
The book is presented in a hard-hitting, entertaining way that is not for the easily offended. All professionally illustrated and laid out by Phill Smith. Bairn will shock you!